Sunday, May 2, 2010

THE PLAN

After at least 5 years of using an American Express Starwood’s point’s credit card I finally have enough to do something with, so the search begins. After looking at all the places we could go we I pick Cancun. We have been to Mexico many times on a cruise port stop but never Cancun. The cruise ships just don’t stop there.


The rewards people are awesome and help me find the first hotel we will stay at; The Westin Le Meridian Spa and Resort. We have stayed at La Meridan hotels before and like them. My points don’t get me enough of a status for the Club floor, but my points does buy me four nights of a balcony room. Will see if the website picture is true to actual when we arrive.


Well after the flight cost why would one want to stay only 4 days…. I search some more and finally decide on a package with Expedia for our flight and 3 more nights at an all inclusive, La Blanc Spa and Resorts. This is where it gets very cool... WIth the money we saved on points we have enough to book the Goveners Suite at this resort... Thinking this is going to be incredible!!

THE PLAN....
So now it is 6 days before we leave, and I start to blog. You can see by our hotel choices that we want this vacation to be a bunch of nothing, no big party people here but instead just 8 days of relaxation..... giving me tons of time to mobile blog
from now until we come home. Will upload pictures from mobile, and probably a few Flip videos as well...If you have any questions, ask.... want to comment or say "hi" to me, please do. I am now offically excited about this trip.

Smoothdancer

1 comment:

  1. Balcony Rooms? Governor Suite? Your not going to want to come home!! I hope you guys have a great time and that it is exactly what you want - relaxation!! I look forward to seeing your posts from Cancun! Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete